Saturday, October 18, 2008

A REAL PICK ME UP!

Yesterday morning a friend came by and picked me up to take me out for breakfast.
It's the first time in a long time since I have a broken foot and can't drive. We went
to the same place we go about every three weeks and the waiter asked, "Where have
you been?" It was nice to have been missed.
Paul and I ordered our food and had a great time being with one another again as
we caught up on what's going on. We missed having Bob being with us because we
wanted Bob to buy of breakfast. Maybe next time. Bob's been unable to meet too
because of having heart surgery. I doubt he can eat with us much any more since
he has to watch what he eats. I'm a member of Weight Watchers as I watch what
I eat.
What made my day was that Paul paid for my meal too. I gave a tip to the waitress
who had missed us. I told her to brush her teeth daily. Not really, I gave her a big
tip. Then I asked for change. What a guy! Paul brought me back home and went on
his way. As I watched him leave, I thanked the Lord for a friend like Paul. He picked
me up for sure!

No comments: