Thursday, October 23, 2008

ONE DOWN & ONE TO GO

While I was in Barnes & Noble yesterday I bought The Story of Edgar Sawtelle since
it's a New York Time bestseller. There are 562 pages for me to read whenever I can
do it. I hope to start some time today since it will be sunny and I can be on the deck,
drink coffee and relax.
As much as I read religious books, I need to get away from that habit and read books
that have something to say that can entertain me. From what I've heard and read, I
think this book will be well worth reading at my leisure.
I have finished, Faith & Doubt by John Ortberg and found it be a very helpful book
in that it will help me discover my faith and my doubts in a way that will firm up my
faith. This 177 page book is one of the best that John Ortbery has written. I highly
recomend it for those who want to grow in God's grace.
Well, I have one down and one to go. That is until I find something else to read. I'm
already giving thought to another new book that caught my eye while I was in the
bookstore yesterday. Instead of buying it, I will read it while I have a cup of Starbucks
coffee.

No comments: