Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'VE BEEN GIVEN THE BOOT!

Monday afternoon I broke my right foot as I was taking the garbage cans out to the
street. I knew when it happened that it was going to be bad. I didn't realize how bad.
The good news about the bad news is that my right leg is my weakest leg so that I can
still get about with my stronger leg.
I will be wearing a boot for several weeks while healing takes place. It will be early
November before it is better. I will have to hold off on helping consecrate Communion
each Sunday at the early worship service and I may have to hold off on being a table
leader at our Soul Life sessions. To top that, I've had to turn down two things that
I've been asked to do within the Bowling Green District.
My family has been so good at helping me get around with my walker and big black
boot. I am having to learn that I can't do some of the things I do around the house
to help the family. One of the things I can't do is take care of the dogs. They will have
to depend upon others to feed, water and take them outside.
I've broken ribs twice, injured a toe and now hurt my foot since we've been in Bowling
Green for four years. Maybe I should move to some safer place. Just call me Crip!

No comments: