Saturday, August 30, 2008

ALL IN THE FAMILY

I had a wonderful time Friday with two friends at the Whistle Stop in Glendale, Ky. I had
been with one a few months ago but hadn't seen John for almost twenty years. What was
so amazing was that we were the same wild and crazy guys we were twenty years ago
and that neither one of us had changed at all!Not!!
We spent three hours together and I as much as I hate to say it, we talked non-stop.
Thom is moving this Tuesday to Gainsville, Florida to pastor there. I don't know when
we will be together again, if ever. I do know that I hope he has a great time in Gainsville.
While we were there I saw someone I knew from Bowling Green and introduced him to
Thom and John. Then John saw someone he knows and introduced us to him. It is indeed
a small, small world, after all.
My youngest brother will be staying with us for a few days following a couple of days in
the hospital. Wayne needs some time to rest and heal from some infections he has had.
Being my brother's keeper that I am, I will giving him a discount on our bed & breakfast
if he doesn't eat too much while he is here. Yesterday my older brother and his wife were
here to visit Wayne and us. It was so good to see them again. Now if my younger twin
brother will show up, I will be more than happy.
Our daughter is taking a vacation next week and wants to paint her bedroom so I think
I'll get out of town before she tells me I have to help her move things in and out of her
room as well as remove old wallpaper and then paint. I've been there & done that! Of
course being the great father I am, I will stay and help her if she lets me rest while
working. Isn't what Labor Day is about? Even God rested on the 7th day.

No comments: