Monday, September 15, 2008

BLESS YOUR FOOT

While attending worship yesterday, a woman bent over to me and said, "Well bless your
heart, I mean your foot." Down deep inside my soul I said, "bless them both, Lord" As I
was taken to the car in a wheel chair, I thought how blessed I am that I'm not in one daily.
It takes a lot of people and patience for me to get about with my boot on my right foot or
being pushed around.
I am getting use to taking it easy and letting others take care of me. I'm not use to being
the one for whom help is given. I like being the caregiver. When I see my Doctor the
26th, I hope he tells me to "get up and walk" although I have my doubts. Until that day
I will have to hang in there as best I can.
I'm thankful for a loving and caring family that takes great care of me. I also realize
how much my church means to me. I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

I know it's hard for you not to do. And it's frustrating to not be able to do things for yourself.

We are happy to take care of you.