Sunday, August 03, 2008

I'VE FALLEN AND I CAN'T GET UP!

After attending worship at 8:15 and 9:30 this morning, my family went out to eat. I
then went back to Broadway around noon to drop off some boxes of things for the
Mountain Mission Truck to pick up this Tuesday.
I had to wait for worship to finish before I could take the boxes into the building.
As I was going to get my car, I tripped and fell down on the sidewalk. Before I was
able to get up, several people showed up to help me up. The only thing that was hurt
was my pride. I dusted myself off and headed to my car. One of the men told me to stay
still and he would bring the car to the church entrance for me. Afterwards two men
unloaded the boxes and checked once again to see if I was okay. I then drove on
home thankful that I was fine. No real damage done.
I did cut my left knee but not enough to be bothered by it. I took a couple of pills and
went to bed for about an hour and then got up and watched goff on tv. As I write this
Blogg I offer a prayer of thanksgiving to God to to some good samaritians who gave
me real lift. Next time I'll let my wife take things to the church to be picked up.

No comments: