Sunday, December 23, 2007

GEORGIA ON MY MIND

As I was getting out of our car at church this morning, I reached down to get my cain. There
was no cain. And, I didn't have time to travel back home and get it. I walked into church and
told three people there what I had done. I felt that I could carry on without it even though
I was in charge of Communion at the 8:25 service.
As I started to walk into the sanctuary, someone handed me something that she thought I
could use. It wasn't a cane but a golf club. Not being bashful, I walked on in with it at my side.
As it went, I didn't need to use it. But I was glad to have it just in case I needed it. It was an
expected Christmas gift from someone being thoughful of a man with M S and has trouble
walking at times.
God and Georgia worked well together to see to it that I would have help if I needed it.
While I didn't, I was sure glad to know it was there for a forgetful preacher on a Sunday
morning.

No comments: