Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Yesterday

I had a date with my mate yesterday afternoon so we went out to eat and then we went to
Barnes & Noble. While she read one book, I read two. While she read, I drank Starbucks
strong coffee and watched people. Some sat all alone. Some were with others. Some worked
at the lap tops and drank their cups of coffee.
As we were leaving, I happened to see a book that I must go back and read, How Starbucks
Saved My Life. Really? I've read three books about Starbucks already but I don't recall
anyone saying it saved their lives. Leonard Sweet's book might mention how Starbucks
can help save souls but I haven't come across saving lives yet. I'll get a cup of Starbucks
and see what this man has to say about how his life has been saved. I'll let you know when I
know what he knows. Know what I mean?
I read some thoughts about solitude and the soul as I drank my cup of coffee yesterday. I
wasn't all alone, yet I was refreshed as I was reminded of my need for more "time out"
with and for God. I think I will try to "get lost" today while my wife is out and about. The
silence of the soul allows God to whisper to me in ways that I other wise might miss. It's
in times like this that I feel closer to God. What is it for you? What works best?

No comments: