Wednesday, November 07, 2007

STEVE

When I was ten years old I played a game called "Kick the Can" with some kids from our
neighborhood. There were two boys named Steve who played the game at times. One
Steve had trouble with his school work while the other ended up graduating at the top of
his class may years later.
A few months ago I learned that one Steve died as a lonely man. Last night, the other
Steve became the Governor elect of the State ofKentucky. While I haven't seen either
Steve for many, many years, I've wondered where they were and what they were doing.
Now I know, and so do you.
As I was about to sign off from this Blog, I just thought of another Steve. Our Son is
named Stephen. He is good looking like his father and is works hard from day to day.
Three guys named Steve stand tall in my mind. I thank God for each one.

No comments: