Monday, November 05, 2007

ON CALL

Who can you call at 3:30 in the morning if you need someone? Would that person get mad
and hang up on you or say, "I'll be right there"? I hope you have a list of people who would
want to help you if asked. St. Paul had a list of people he could depend upon. When he was
in prison he depened upon a young man named Timothy. He was assured that Timothy
would come through for him. Who is your Timothy? Are you a Timothy for someone else?
When I think back, I don't remember the services at churches I've pastored as much as
the people who served the Lord with gladness. When I'm gone, I hope people remember
what I've done more than what I've said. And, I hope that they are grateful that I was
there for them when they needed me most. While my name isn't Timothy, I want to be
a Timothy for someone in some way. What about you? Are you on call?

No comments: