Wednesday, November 14, 2007

What's Your Story?

This morning I finished reading, How Starbucks Saved My Life. While there are a few
things I don't like about the book, it still said some things to help me help others. The
book shows how Starbucks gave the author affirmation, acceptance and a purpose for
living.
One of the things that stood out for me was that Starbucks wants to make people feel better.
So should I. So should the Church. There are lessions to be learned in how to make people
feel better on almost every page of this 265 page book. Also, the author speaks of how
Starbucks was like a life raft in tumultuous times. The Church can be a life raft for
people going through tough times. The Church can offer hope and help in so many ways.
This book tells how a man found a purpose for living when he was just about to give up.
The Church is filled full of people who can testify to the fact that God gave them hope
and help to keep on keeping on. If I were to tell my story, there would be similiar stories
of how I was saved, not by Starbucks but by someone who gave me a lift to my life.
That someone is Jesus. He can do the same for anyone, anywhere.
I understand that Tom Hanks may be in a movie about this book. If so, I'm sure it
will succeed just as the man the movie will be about is. If it comes out, I want to see
it as I drink my cup of coffee from Starbucks. I might even sneak in a couple of cookies,
who knows? I do, that's who!

No comments: