Thursday, November 29, 2007

I LOVE TO TELL THE STORY

Little did I know that what I said in my last post would happen so soon. Yesterday I
mentioned that my 95 year old father would preach in a minute's time if asked. He
did just that just this morning. He is a resident in a retirement home where they
have someone preach to the residents from time to time. The speaker for today
was a no-show so, they asked dad if he would preach to them. Without even giving
it much thought he told them that he would.
Dad needed his Bible so someone was sent to get it. When she returned, she
handed him a Hymn book, not his Bible. Rather than sending her back, he turned
to the back of the Hymn book and picked out a Scripture to talk about. He shared
some thoughts for a few minutes and had a closing prayer. No notes and no time
to prepare himself, dad just let the Lord speak through him. I wish I could of been
there to over hear the Gospel.
The reason I know that dad did what he did is that I called him long distance at
noon to see how he was doing. I'm delighted to say that dad is doing just fine. He
got to do his favorite thing in all the world today, tell others about Jesus. It made
his day and I'm sure it helped others have a better day too. I know I feel better
after hearing about my father telling his story about telling the old, old story.

No comments: