Wednesday, October 17, 2007

"What On Earth Are You Doing Here?"

When I went to get my flu shot at the Health Department earlier today ,I thought there
would be long lines and lots of cars. Not! I had an appointment for 9:30 but was back in
the car by then. One woman told me that it will be after 10:00 that the long lines show
up. I'm glad that I showed up when I did.
I've finished reading, Settling In. I highly recommend Richard Morgan's book because
it shows how things can be in a retiremnet community. I saw my dad on almost every
page in one way or another. Dad has been a resident for a number of years and yet he
too says and does some the same things that this book mentions. While you see the
good ,the bad and the ugly, it's "home" for those folk. One of these days, way down the
road I hope, I'll call such a place"home.
When one woman was asked what she was doing in such a place, she said, "I'm aging in
place." Wise words. We're all "aging in place", aren't we? We're not getting any younger,
that's for sure. I just hope I age well. You too.

No comments: