Wednesday, October 17, 2007

THOUGHTS

They showed up again today. It happens every three years. Three men in a white truck got
out and started cutting tree limbs from two trees in our back yard. The electric lines run
through that part of our yard. The three men didn't ask for permission, they didn't have too,
it belongs to the city. They went to work while I watched the tree limbs falling to the ground.
After they had cleaned up the tree limbs and leaves, they left, leaving me with less shade to
sit under when I read under the shade tree day after day.
I put the two chairs in place and started thinking about what had happened. That's when it
hit me that there just might be somethings in my life that need to be removed so I can get
the power of God into my heart. After giving that thought some thought, I thought that it
would be wise to trim things from life that hinder me from growing as a Christain, as a
husband, as a father and as a friend. Just like the white truck and the three men that show
up every three years, the Holy Spirit shows up and trims away things that keep me from
keeping in touch with God. When that takes place, I think it makes me a better person.
That's what I think on this mid-October day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are such good thoughts Wow.