Wednesday, October 31, 2007

THIS IS WHAT I KNOW

This morning while I was swinging on our front porch, I heard a familiar sound from behind
me. I didn't have to turn around to see who it was, I knew. I knew it was the sound of the
muffler on the mail man's mail truck as he approached our house. Sure enough, I was right.
After placing the mail in the mail box he headed ond own the street delivering mail.
All of the sudden the thought came to me, I wonder if people know when I am coming by
the sounds I make. I walk with a limp due to my M S. I talk alot and that may give me off.
Who knows, there may be something else. (don't go there!) And, are they glad to see me go
on my way? I hope I leave something worth while behind, a laugh, a smile something I said
or did. I don't know, but if you know me, you know I won't wish you "Happy Holloween" but
I wish you wish you well on this last day of October. That's what I know.

No comments: