Friday, October 26, 2007

IN HIS SERVICE

My Pastor has asked that I concencrate the Communion elements at the 8:15 a.m. service this
coming Sunday. At first I was going to say that I couldn't because I had planned to
attend another service at another church near by and hear a friend preach. When I stopped
to think about what to do, I realized that I was being asked to not only serve the Lord's
Supper, but the Lord. I also realized that this is my way of serving my Pastor. It is my way
of helping him help others.
There is a beer commercial that says, "This Bud's for you." Well, this Sunday I can say to
those who are being served Communion,"This bloods for you." The body and blood of our
Lord Jesus Christ was given for us that we might be saved from our sins. I want to do my
small part in being sure others are blessed as I have been blessed. I can't wait to be at
the service Sunday serving Communion.

No comments: