Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Forward March!

A few minutes ago I ran some papers through the shredder. While I was watching, I saw
the reverse button. So, I turned it on. When I did, some of the papers I had shredded a
few moments before, were returned to me. But I couldn't make sense out of any of it. I
knew what I had shredded and that no one else can make sense of it either. That's what
I needed and wanted to know.
When I confess my sins, what I need and want to know is that they are gone. I need to
get on with my life. The past is past and the future awaits. So it is, "forward march!" By
the way, something else doesn't make sense to me. How in the world can God love and
forgive me. While I don't comprehend it, I sure am glad God's grace still takes away my
sins and my guilt. That's why on this gloomy, rainy day, the SON is shining so bright!
Can't you see the SON? Can't you march forward in faith with me and so many others?
Forward March!

No comments: