Sunday, October 14, 2007

A DOUBLE TAKE

After attending the 9:30 service today, we ate with a couple from our church. We had
great food and great fellowship both. When we got home , I went to the backyard to read
and have a couple of cups of coffee. Several pages into a small book, I saw my wife working
with her flowers .
When she walked my way, I told her something that she didn't know. I told her that when
I saw her with her flowers, it was as if I was seeing my mother. My mom loved working with
her flowers after she and dad bought a house when he retired, many, many years ago. Mom
had lived in homes provided by the churches dad served throughout the years. Now she had
her own house and her very own rose garden.
That's why I see my mom in my wife whenever she is outside in our own yard and own
flower garden. It's as if I'm seeing my mom all over again. It's as if I've been given two gifts
in one as I stop and smell the roses on an October Sunday afternoon. I've been blessed by
a double take.

No comments: