Friday, September 07, 2007

WHO CHANGED THE CHAIRS?

This morning I went with my wife to have some blood work done. As we were walking
into the waiting area, she wondered why they had rearranged the chairs. She said she
didn't like the way they were. As different people came in, they were saying the very
same they she had said. I told the 6 or 7 others there (only two men) that it was to
get people to talk to one another. well, it worked! They were talking to each other
about how they didn't like the new arrangement at all.
Isn't that the way with most of us, we don't like change? Even I find myself sitting
in the same seat from Sunday to Sunday. I double dog dare anyone else to take my
seat! Routine is what it's all about. This morning my wife discovered that the old
has become new and even though she didn't like, she still sat down. So did. Since
I hadn't seen the chairs any other way, I like them just the way they are. And, I
double dog dare anyone to go and change them. That includes my wife unless she
changes my mind. That's one thing that hasn't changed for 38 plus years. Why
would she go and change things now?

No comments: