Saturday, September 01, 2007

THANKS FOR THE THANKS

As I was walking across the parking lot of the place I'd been, I heard someone calling out
my name. When I stopped to see who it was, I realized it was a member of the church I
last pastored. We hadn't seen one another for a long time. After we greeted one another,
I asked about her son. Without asking for it, she started thanking me for the influence I
had on him over five years. She said that he even still talks about me from time to time.
When she told me that he's 16 now, I couldn't believe my ears!
This dear soul didn't have to thank me for helping her son. She could of talked about
a number of other things but she wanted me to know that I had done some good as
their pastor, especially for a little boy. It makes me feel good when I learn that my
ministry and my life has helped someone else. I'm sure you feel that way too whenever
someone pats you on the back. I thank God that I've planted some seed and the harvest
if shooting forth from it. I'm sure you feel the same way whenever you can say or do
something to influence others. To God be the glory.

No comments: