Thursday, August 30, 2007

"LET'S EAT!"

My wife and I are having dinner tonight with some friends who have just moved to town.
In the morning, I'll be having breakfast with two minister friends. Last Tuesday I had
lunch with a minister friend at MacDonalds. I say all this to say this, I love to eat with my
family and my friends. Jesus found fellowship at the table again and again.
Labor Day will be a day when our extended family will be together for a meal. We will
share stories and spend the time just talking and listening to one another. We will say
about the same things we said last time, but that's ok with me. I can't help that they have
such short attention spans.
We invited my youngest brother over to eat with us one Tuesday night. It was good
to see Wayne because he has been busy with his church and another country church, So
we miss seeing him even though we live less than six miles from one another. Strange,
he always shows up when there is food on the table. Takes after one of his three brothers
but I won't say which one. You gotta watch him!

No comments: