Thursday, September 20, 2007

OUTSTANDING.

The first revival service went well last night. I was very well pleased with the attendance
and the response of the people to the spirit of things there. The music was good and the
preaching was outstanding. Which is to say, I stood out in front of the pulpit rather than
behind it. I didn't use any notes whileI preached so that I could have good eye contact
with the people. I hope to be an out standing preacher again tonight.
Wiley's Chapel was one of my dad's first churches in he early 1930's. There were a few
elderly people present last night who shared stories with my wife and myself that kept
our full attention. Dad must of made an outstanding impression upon these people because
they bragged and bragged about him. This doesn't catch me off guard at all becasue he
has served the Lord and the people in outstanding ways through out the years. It is an
honor to follow in my father's footsteps in preaching where he preached so many years
ago.
The one thing that troubled me was that I was told by two of the elderly people that I
look just like my dad. Hey! Dad is 95!! I guess I'm a clone of John Coomer. "Like
father, like son", they say. That's ok with me. I could look like one of my other brothers
and that would be bad. Very bad! Right, Harold?

No comments: