Wednesday, September 19, 2007

REVIVE US AGAIN

A woman from a small country where my father pastored several years ago has been after
me for years to preach a revival at their church. Well, tonight I begin a series of services at
Wiley's Chapel. I have spent hours and hours in prayer to know what to say to these dear
souls. I have searched the Scriptures and asked the Lord to lead me in in leading them in
the way God would have me to do.
I have hundreds of sermons that I can turn to but I feel led to preach a sermon I've yet
to preach. I must admit that this sermon has helped me in my own spiritual walk over
the past days. I find myself coming back to it whenever I turn to something else. My
mind is made up that this is the sermon I must preach tonight. I'm preaching about
things that we fail to use and are the worse for it. The greatest thing is the gift of grace.
"God's Grace Is Still Amazing" What amazes me is the way we fail to allow Amazing
Grace to transform our lives. My prayer for tonight is that someone will take God's
Amazing Grace and allow it to soak into their soul and remove whatever it is that
should be discarded.
It is a high honor to be invited to preach. I do it, not for myself, but for God's
glory. I just ask that lives be touched where they need a Divine touch during
these services. May the Lord "Revive Us Again."

No comments: