Saturday, September 15, 2007

A LASTNG IMPRESSION

I was trying to tell my daughter something I had read in the morning newspaper when all
of the sudden she started laughing. I wondered what I had said or done to get her going.
I was trying to tell her about a Tattoo artist who had died in Louisville. But before I said
who it was she said, "Tattoo Charles! Did he die?" That's when I said, "He died of a
sudden issue." I meant to say, "He died of a sudden illness." What amazed me was that
she knew his name at all. She then informed me that her brother had gotten his tattoo from
"Tattoo Charles" several years ago.
When I took the time to read what the newspaper had to say about "Tattoo Charles", I
was impressed what all he had accomplished in his life. This man has left alot of
lasting impressions on a lot of lives, our son's included. It's only a tattoo but it lasts for a
long, long time.
All this makes me wonder what kind of lasting impression am I making on the lives of
others, not with a tattoo but with the words I speak and deeds I do. What kind of
lasting impressions are you making? That's the real issue, isn't it? And, it's no laughing
matter.

No comments: