Thursday, September 27, 2007

A GOOD SPIRITUAL SOAKING

This morning when I went to see my two best buddies, Barnes & Noble, I had no intentions
of buying a book. I simply wanted to sneak a peak at some books and magazines. But when
I walked out I had bought a book. I bought, Living the Message: Daly Help for Living the
God-Centered Life by Eugene Peterson.
This 378 page book has daily Scriptures to study as the daily Scriptures study the reader.
He has a way of digging down deep into the text and then taking that text down deep into
one's soul. This small study will have a big impact upon my spiritual walk as I read page
after page. The trouble is, I'm like a child at Christmas I can't wait till then. I have to get
a head start on things. I bought a book last year to read this year but I had it read before
the end of 2006. I will have this Living the Message read before October is finished. I
know I that this daily help will help me without a doubt. What are you reading along with
The Bible that feeds your soul? Let it soak in deep and wide.

No comments: