Sunday, September 30, 2007

BUSY BUT BLESSED

When I stood before Chris and Katie last night to share a short sermon, I wasn't real
sure what I was going to say to or about them. Before I knew it, I was speaking about
how Katie loves to knit. Knitting takes patience, time and a pattern to produce the
finished product. Marriage must have the same skills if it is to succeed. I think and I
hope I got my point across because I left everyone in stitches.
This was one of the best wedding ceremoines I've ever conducted. It was a delight
from start to finish. One of the delights of the ceremony was getting to hear our
daughter sing a solo while I served Chris and Katie Holy Communion. Although I
was exhausted last night, I enjoyed serving Communion at the 8:15 service at our
church this morning. To top all these things, it was good to hear Bishop King at
a District service tonight as well as the choir from a small church where my youngest
brother plays the piano for them. I've been busy but I've been blessed. I just hope I've
been a blessing to someone in Jesus' name.

No comments: