Thursday, August 16, 2007

GOOD TO BE BACK HOME

I was up early each morning while we were at Dale Hollow State Park Tuesday and Wednesday.
I watched the sun come up while drinking my morning cups of coffee. I watched the small animals as
they searched for food. I watched the water begin to stir as boats passed by the
shoreline. But most of all, I watched for signs of God. They were on Divine display all around
me. I gave God a standing ovation each morning before leaving the balcony.
One morning we went swimming in the outside pool but when it became too hot to stay, we
went back in and read. Needless to say, we enjoyed the food morning, noon and night. It was
a great get-away but we came home a day early. On our way, we stopped at two or three
antique stores just for the fun of it. While I hate that kind of thing, I'm glad that my wife was
able to get her jollies from it. While we were there, I bought an old book to make the stop
worth while. I shall see as I read it one of these days in the near future.
This was part of our 38th wedding aniversary celebration. It was nice to be near my wife
while we were away. We shared stories and talked about what we want to to do for the next
38 years or so. Her list is longer than mine.

No comments: