Monday, August 13, 2007

GETTING LOST

This afternoon my wife and I are headed to a State park for a few days. I'm taking two books
to read while she is taking all kinds of other things. I think I will need a U-Haul trailer before
much longer! All I want to do is rest and read. She says she will read and relax as well. Well,
I'll let you know after we get back home.
This is our 38th wedding anniversary get away and it's not too far off from where we live. We
knew we don't need to go out of State and don't need to drive far. Going to a State park is one
of our favorite things to do. It's too bad that it is going to be so hot all week. I'm sure we will
go swimming some each day just to cool off. I'm also sure that we will love the lodge where
the food is so very, very good.
The three dogs know something's up by the way they stare at us. I don't know if they are
sad to see us go or can't wait for us to drive on off. Our son and daughter will take care of
them while we're gone, so I'm sure they will be just fine. As long as they are cool and fed,
they wag their tails behind them with delight.
I love to "get lost" like this from time to time. I don't have to dust, run the vacumn cleaner,
do dishes, make my bed or even pick up my socks. I hope you know who, doesn't come up
with some "to do" list all of the sudden that stops me in my tracks. After all, All I want to
do is enjoy the thrill of the chill.

No comments: