Monday, August 06, 2007

CRAVINGS

This morning I dropped by our insurance company to pay a bill, got gas for the car,
got a hair cut, shopped at a Christian bookstore and walked awhile at the Mall. Then
to top that, my wife and I took a look at our calendars to see when we might get away
for a day or two to celebrate our wedding anniversary. By the time we were through,
I was ready to take a nap. Thinking is hard work!
If it wasn't so hot, I would be out mowing my yard. If it wasn't so hot, I would work in
our garden. If it wasn't so hot I would go shopping for a gift for my wife. I already know
what I want to get her, all I have to do is go get it. But it's too hot! Maybe I should stay
inside and watch tv, sleep some or chase the three dogs for exercise, mine and theirs.
The trouble is, it's going to get even hotter by mid-week! Maybe we need to take a
tour of Mammonth Cave where it is cool down deep under ground. Maybe we need to
go swimming where the water can cool us off. Maybe we should give thanks that the
air-conditioner is working as well as it does day after day after day.......
This morning I bought, Soul Cravings by Erwin McManuus. Now I'm craving to
find a soft spot somewhere here in the house to see what he has to say to soothe my
soul. I know it can do a soul good to take a good look within and see what needs to be
tossed out so the soul can develope in a more mature way. So, I think after I have lunch
I'll be fed spititually before taking that nap. That's what I'm craving after a busyMonday
morning.

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

Oooo! I want to borrow Soul Cravings!