Friday, August 17, 2007

"AND IT CAME TO PASS..."

When I was reading from The Bible a few minutes ago I came across five words that stopped
me in my tracks, "and it came to pass..." Why would that be? About an hour ago as I walked
outside to pick up the mail from the mailbox, I couldn't believe how dry the grass was beneath
my feet. I wondered when it would ever rain again. Then I read five words that refreshed my
soul, "and it came to pass..." You see, one of these days it is going to rain on my yard again
and the grass will grow and grow and... then I will have to mow it again.
There are times in our lives when we wonder if something will ever start or stop. We wonder
with doubt more than with faith. We tend to give up rather than go on. I know from personal
experience. A number of months ago I was down in the valley of dispair wondering why things
had gone has they had gone. I had a pity party that just about got me down and stomped on
my soul. But then, these same five words lifted me up and jump-started my soul so that I
wouldn't stay down and out. Sure enough, " it came to pass..." Whatever you are going through
right now, just remember, this too "shall come to pass." That' s why I'm passing on this promise
to you. Take it for what's it's worth and see if something does happen that will lift up your
drooping spirit.

No comments: