Tuesday, July 24, 2007

WONDERFUL WORDS OF LIFE

In 2001 I read a book by Bob Russell entitled, When God Builds a Church. Rev.
Russell has since retired after serving a church where over 14,000 people attend
worship each Sunday. When the new worship center was built, hundreds of people
wrote words on the flooring before carpet was put in place. He mentions that day
in his book.
Last night, several souls met in a small chruch to worship and to write words on the
floor before it is to be covered with carpet soon. After a mini-message, we went to
work writing our words on the floor. I wrote: Acts 4:20. "But we cannot but speak
of the things we have seen and heard." The words that were written last night give
evidence of how God's Words have spoken to our souls through the years. When I
went around the room to read what had been written by those there I came across
what my wife and daughter wrote on the floor. It was a moving moment for me to say
the least.
I have preached from the pupit of the old church and hope to have the opportunity
to preach at the new pulpit area some day. If I do, I know that written beneath the
pulpit are the words from John 3: 16. I will be standing on the promises along with
others who proclaim God's word. Our hope is that lives will be tranformed for years
to come through wonderful words of life. It has worked for 2000 years so I have
no doubt that God's word will work in the lives of others far, far into future. That
would be simply great.

No comments: