Friday, July 27, 2007

TWO BOOKS

I've just completed reading The Starbucks Experience by Joseph Michelli. Like another
book about StarbucksI've read, I kept wanting to drink cups of coffee while reading it. The
book offers five principles for turning ordinary into extraordinary. As a Pastor, I can see
how churches would benefit from following these principles to reach and minister to people.
The amazing thing to me is that these are simple solutions that anyone, anywhere can try
on for size. If the shoe doesn't fit, don't wear it!
At the first of the year I read The Gospel According To Starbucks by Leonard Sweet.
Sweet speaks of the spiritual things that we should put into practice while Michelli comes
at things from a different perspective all together. Side by side, these two books offer so
much that need daily application. These principles would work anywhere if we would but
use them.
I am astonished that the subject of Starbucks gets so much attention. Starbucks has
so much to teach those who will take time to drink in their words of wisdom. There is
an even better book that needs to be read daily and applied, it's called The Holy Bible.

No comments: