Tuesday, July 17, 2007

PUT IT ON PAUSE

Wednesday night I will lead a Bible study on the subject of "A Survival Guide for Grief."
It seems strange to deal with death during this Summer but I feel that this is a topic that
is much needed. Most of the people who attend these studies are on up in years and have
a great deal of experience on dealing with death. They have lost family members and friends
through out their many, many years. I'm sure they could tell me more than I can tell them
The past few weeks have been busy with preaching and teaching. While I've enjoyed the
preparations, preaching and teaching, I'm ready to rest. For example: yesterday my wife
and I went to visit my dad because I put it off far too long. I couldn't wait any longer. We had
a great visit for a few hours before heading back home. I am behind in my book reading so
I started reading a new book last night. While there are places to go, things to do, and people
to see, just being at home sounds good to me. This is the pause that refreshes unless someone
wants something done. And I'm sure she will.

No comments: