Friday, July 13, 2007

A GUIDE FOR GRIEF

Next Wenesday night I'll be conducting a Bible Study in the chapel of a near by church. The
topic will be: "A Survival Guide to Grief." Grief is something that we all have to deal with at
one time or another, for one reason or another. Some grief is so great that we wonder if we
can survive it at all.
Yesterday I found myself in a conversation with someone dealing with the death of a son
and the aging of a parent. This person shared so much pain with me that I hurt for her. I
wanted to say something to help her but I thought the best the thing to do was to just
listen. There is a house for sale right down the street from our house because a wife and
mother died of cancer not too long ago. The family needs a new start without staring at
all the many memories that the house holds. Grief can grab and strangle our souls if we're not
able to deal with it, can't it?
I don't have a "tip of the day" that can make things all better. What I do have is God's
guide for dealing with death, disease and difficulities. It comes from the experiences of
others who have survived the storms of life with God's help. I hope what I share with
this small group helps in a big way.

No comments: