Monday, July 02, 2007

ON A COOL DAY THINGS GET HOT

When I saw that today was going to be cooler, I knew that meant I would be hotter. Boy, was
I ever right! Because of the hot days we've been having, we have put off cleaning out our
garage until a day like today. It's easier to work with the things that need to be tossed and
the things that need to go here or there, up or down. So, my wife and I spent most of the
morning throwing things away and putting things in there proper places.
The trouble is, it seems like me just did something like this not too long ago. It amazes me
how something so neat and nice can look like a tornado hit it hard over night. Where does
all this stuff come from? Does someone slip into the garage while we're sleeping and mess
things up? Is there a monster in the attic that comes out at night and shuffles it all around?
I don't know exactly who or even why, I just know that on a cool day like today, I get hot
under my collar and need a nap. The trouble is, I'm afraid that the things we're worked with
will get all messed up again while I'm sleeping on a Summer afternoon. Then I'll have to get
hot on a cool day like today.

No comments: