Thursday, May 10, 2007

WHAT DID YOU SAY?

I just returned from an appointment with the place I bought my hearing aids a few years ago.
The same young man gave the same old man the same test he had given me a few years ago.
When he said that nothing had changed I said, "What did you say?" He just looked at me and
walked on off. That's when I told him that I made a mistake getting dressed in the dark this
morning and put on my wife's glasses and that now I see things from her point of view.
I'm delighted and thankful that I can hear and see as well as I do. I just wish I could see
and hear things that weren't so ugly or so bad. It's a shame that people put up with what
others say and do as much as they do. Yet, I know we have to be on guard as to how some
might respond. It could be a ugly sight! What do you say when someone says something
that is ugly or does something so wrong? Nothing at all? Act as if it wasn't said or done?
At times a prayer said to God is enough. A prayer for the other person can do wonders
when we feel that we shouldn't speak or do anything to the other person. What do you say?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What make are your hearing aids?