Thursday, May 10, 2007

I'M TOUCHED

On Father's Day I will be preaching at a church I left 15 years ago following five years as their pastor. All three services will give me an opportunity to say some things that I've wanted to tell them. When we moved back to Bowling Green four years ago, we went back to Broadway. When I was pastor, we would have around 250 for one service each Sunday. Now they are running over 1200 with three services each Sunday. It is exciting to see such great growth in worship and in witness. My family attends the contemporary service since we like the flow of it as well as hearing our daughter sing with the Praise Team. I'm always touched when I see so many people whom I don't know as they pass by on Communion Sunday. I'm also touched by how many people pass by whom I took into the church membership and whom I married while I was their. But the thing that touches me most is when I see so many men and women involved in ministrywho were just teenagers way back in 1987 and the years following. I'm also amazed at how much they have changed while I haven't changed at all. I'm still a wild and crazy guy!

2 comments:

Jennifer Coomer said...

yeah! what a great father's day gift to ME!

Louis Tagliaboschi said...

I can't wait to hear you. I was really excited when Rick told me this morning that you would be preaching.

Louis