Tuesday, May 29, 2007

TRY THIS ON FOR SIZE

I am very busy working with what to preach on Father's Day, I find myelf almost over dosing
with what to say. In other words, I can't say everything I want to say in one sermon on the
topic of Dad At The Half. So I find myself working with a jigsaw puzzle as I try to see what
piece fits and which piece doesn't. The trouble is, about the time I throw something away, I
think of something else.The hard work is deciding what's worth keeping and what's
not. I think this is one reason why I love to preach. It's allowing the Holy Spirit to put the
pieces of the puzzle in their proper places and then go forth from there.
Many memories of fatherhood are jumping around down deep inside my soul as I work
with this sermon. There are more good than bad memories, thank God! The wonderful
thing is that I'm adding new pieces to the puzzle day by day and I'm not even half way
through with what I will say on a very special day. I just hope I can get through the three
services without stopping half way through. Now that would be something, wouldn't it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I really like the way you said the thrill of preaching is having God put the pieces of the puzzle you are working on together for the perfect fit. You will do well on father's day. Janice