Monday, May 28, 2007

SAFE PLACE

My workouts are wearing me out! I was out digging in the dirt in the garden before six this morning.
While it wasn't warm, I was starting to sweat after just a little turning of the dirt. Like a
good boy, I drank lots of water without being told to do it. I even rested every few minutes.
Derby, our daughter's dog, was with me as he tried to help me get the digging done.
Now Derby digs digging. He also is in need of a warm bath. So am I!
I think my wife thinks Memorial day is a day to remember to do yard jobs, lots of yard jobs!
When she told me last night all the things that need to be done today, I knew then and there
that I would need to get up early and get with it. The early bird gets the worm, they say. I
didn't see any worms trying to exit stage right as the pick hit the dirt. Maybe they hear my wife
last night and got on a bus for Safe Place, Ky. I sure wish they had told me where it is because
I would of gladly diven the bus! As I've said, workouts wear me out! Rather than being out,
I prefer the lazy-boy for a lazy man on hot days like today. Hey! Maybe that's Safe Place, Ky!

The rest of the story: I didn't get to stay in Safe Place very long. Before I knew what was
going on, I was going outside to dig dirt, move this plant to this place and move this plant to
that place. Then we were busy with bushes that needed to be thrown away. That's when I
felt like running away! This will be a Memorial Day I'll remember for a long, long time
because it will take a long, long time for my bones to stop hurting so much! Speaking of
the rest of story, that's what I need, a rest and lots of it! Now if I can sneak off to Safe Place
again, maybe, just maybe, I can rest in peace.

No comments: