Thursday, May 24, 2007

ON BROADWAY

I will be preaching at the three morning services at our church on Father's Day. The theme
deals with Mid-Course Corrections: Dad At The Half. Since my wife and I have two grown
children, I quess I qualify as an expert. Ha-Ha! I do have a lenghty list of the corrections I
have made as Dad. The trouble is, it keeps expanding. After all these years, it looks like I
would get this thing down instead of it getting me down. But everything and everyone keeps
changing on me. Just when I think, "I've got you where I want you!", they or things move on
me. But that's life, isn't it? One thing is for certain, things are uncertain!
I look forward to being back at Broadway to preach again. The last sermon I preached was
way back in 1992. Jennifer would soon start college in Evansville and Stephen would soon
start school in Louisville after we moved. My mother-in-law soon would move in with us for
a brief time. Now we've moved back to Bowling Green, bought a house, Jennifer works in Nashvile
and Stephen has his own business. And, there are three grand-dogs to take care of.
With all this, I can't wait to see what I want to be when I grow old. I just hope I don't crash
before I can make the right mid-course corrections

No comments: