Sunday, May 13, 2007

Keep On Keeping On

Isn't it amazing how things can pile up so fast? Most of the time I have plenty of time to get
things done. But all of the sudden there seems to be a tsunami of things to get done. There
isn't even a "get- out -of - jail free" card for the asking to help me. So I have to to face the
music and get it all done as best I can.
I have two Bible studies to prepare for and the conduct. I have two sermons to prepare and
then preach, not to mention always having a sermon ready just in case I get a SOS. Lastly, I
have a to meet with a couple in counseling and then their wedding to perform. I feel as if I'm
back in the saddle again. Truth be told, it's a great ride! I miss these things since taking my
disability due to my M.S. a few years ago. I think the more I'm asked to do, the more I want
to do. This doesn't take me by surprise. A Minister never retires in the real sense of the
word. He or she has an inner feeling that there's always something more to be said or to be
done. My Dad is a retired 95 year old Minister who would get up out of wheel chair and go
preach if he had to do it. Like Father, like son. Me too. I look forward to giving God my best
for as long as I can because God's given me the very best He had to offer, His Son Jesus.

1 comment:

Jennifer Coomer said...

you sure do talk about your dad a lot.

;-)