Friday, May 25, 2007

MEMORIES OF KAREN

I was shocked when I read the obituaries in yesterday's paper. I came across the name of a
lady whom I knew when she was just a girl. I served as youth director of the church that
her father was pastoring at the time. I served the same church two times while I was
working on my Master's Degree.
I remember Karen along with her sister and brother as PK's (Preacher's Kids). They were
always so supportive of their father and mother's work. I saw them throughout the years
from time to time. Then I was invited to help perform Karen's wedding with her father. It
was such an honor for me. A few years ago I saw the Clark family when the three siblings
invited people to their parent's 50th wedding ceremony. I didn't know that that would be
the last time for me to see Karen and Richard.
Karen died of cancer last Sunday in Louisville. I wish I had known about how bad she was,
I would of gone to see her. I regret that a conflict and late notice prevented me from being
at the funeral Thursday. I've spoken to her mother in order to convey sympathy from my
preacher family. We kidded about eatingc corn on the cob together some day soon as a way
of remembering a little girl who sat at table with us so many, many years ago. And, we look
forward to the Great Banquet with Karen and her Lord one of these days. This is my own
Memorial remberance of the Karen I knew and loved as I write these words on this
Friday afternoon before Memorial Day.

No comments: