Friday, April 27, 2007

TWO OR THREE THINGS

While we were in Nashville yesterday I bought a new book to take with me to Pigeon Forge next week. It is by Eugene H. Peterson, The Jesus Way. While I'm there, I plan to work on a Bible study I'll be doing for three Wednesday nights in July at State Street United Methodist Church. The theme of the study will be: "Survival Guides for the Soul." I can hardly wait to get there and get to work. It may seem strange to use the word work while being away to relax, but that's the way I relax. I pretty well know what I want to say in the study, so it won't be difficult to do. Besides, it gives me a good excuse not to go down the mountain with my wife to go shopping. Like Nehemiah, I can say, "I can't come down, I've got work to do." I'll let you know how things go if I don' go. For now, I hope to get two or three things done at the chalet: read, work on the study and relax. Sounds like a plan to me. Now if I can just do it.

No comments: