Saturday, April 28, 2007

Memory Lane

As my wife and I prepare to leave Monday morning for the Smoky Mountains, many memories of my childhood come flooding into my mind. Like the times when my parents took four young boys off to the Smokys for a few days. We rode in an old un-air conditioned car along two lane roads. There were no interstates to travel and to top that, there were no McDonalds and very few motels along the way. But we had a ball each and every time. We wouldn't have been very far down the road when I started asking Dad if we could stop and get a motel because I said I was tired. Then, whenever we did stop and get a motel, I'll be the first one out of the car and running up and down the lawn. Whenever I saw water by the side of the road , I'll ask if we could stop and go swimming. To this day, I can't understand why Dad didn't pull over and take me up on the idea! I guess that's enough of Memory Lane for now. But I have an idea I will be taking a long look back down Memory Lane before much longer because there's still plenty of time to make plenty more memories.

No comments: