Thursday, April 26, 2007

DO YOU STAND OUT?

My wife and I were shopping in a bookstore in Nashville today when I heard a laugh. I knew who it was without even looking. Although it has been awhile since last seeing her, I knew her laugh. When I turned to look, I saw my wife was talking to this lovely young lady. I was right. It was exactly who I thought! Is there something that identifies you in a crowd? Your giggle? Your sneeze? Your talk? Family and friends know you so well that you can't hide if they are around. I have a brother who has a cough that lets me and others know he is around. My Father has a sneeze that shakes the room he is in. As for myself? I was with someone today I hardly even know and she called me a clown. Maybe. Maybe not. All because I said something funny doesn't mean that that's how I'm identified. Yet, it's strange that this stranger may have it the target. What do you say?

No comments: