Thursday, April 19, 2007

A POST IT NOTE

My wife told me this morning that the clothes lines out back needed to be painted black. After I had painted one of them I was cleaning the brush when she asked if I was going to paint both of them. I had done only one. Job done. right? Wrong! Half a job doesn't get the job done. I got out the paint and brush and finished the job. I have to admit that it does look lots better than it had. I know there is a "to-do" list somewhere around here but I keep covering it up so I will forget the other things that need attention. Speaking of attention, I'm sure I will get more than I want if I don't get up and get these black spots off my face, arms and hands. Sure hope we have something to do that job! Her list includes: repair and put the bird house back up (on a pole), paint the door coming in from the garage, get the whirly birds out of the gutters, etc. My list includes: take a nap, read a book, take the puppy to the dog park, take a nap, etc. I like my list more than hers because hers has more of the more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my dear I wish I was more Mary than Martha. I think you have found the better thing in your retirement. I think I may have a tad obessive-compulsive disorder. Janice

Jennifer Coomer said...

dad has ocd, too.
obsessive compulsive dishwashing disorder.