Sunday, April 29, 2007

GETTING AWAY TO GET AWAY

One of the hardest things about taking a few days off for vacation is know what to take and what not to take. If I start packing stuff too early, I find that my wife will come right behind me and
take this or that out of the suitcase or other boxes of things. What amazes me is that she will
take a bunch of things with her that she plans to read or do and most likely will not even get
around to it. There will always be something else to do or somewhere else to go. Before you
know it, it's time to load things back in the boxes or suitcase and head home. It's always been
this way. Why should I expect things to be different this time?
I know she laughs at me when she see's what I take with me. It looks like work, not relaxation.
But for me, reading a new book, working on a new sermon or Bible study is what helps me chill.
Sure, I get in the hot tub or take in the sights of the Smokies, but most of all, I'm seeking some
down time away from downtown, while I'm away. Got that?
I just hope I can get all of these things in the truck of our car. Maybe I should of rented a
U-haul instead!

No comments: