Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A MAY GET - AWAY

In a few days my wife and I are taking a few days to stay at a chalet near Gatlinburg, TN.. Just give me a rocking chair, coffee and a couple of good books to read and I'll be a happy camper! I can't count the hours I've spent looking out at the mountains from a porch in the Smokys. It is so relaxing for reading, reflecting and just slowing down. Before I can slow down though, I've got to go get a new book or two to read while away. That won't be much trouble since I already have a book I want to buy and read asp. My problem is wanting to read it before we even get to Gatlinburg! I will have to hide it from myself or put a "Wet Paint" sign on it to remind me to keep my hands off it till I'm in the right place, at the right time. I think I can wait till Monday when we will get to Gatlinburg. It won't take long for me to settle in and start looking at the mountains and sky and digging deep into yet another book. Since it will be May, I may even get up off the rocking chair and go some where with my wife if it means getting a good meal. You know, reading and relaxing can get a man real hungry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mean you are not cooking on this trip? I'm not going down the mountain because I am going to be in the hot tub. Janice