Sunday, April 29, 2007

OFF LIMITS!

After attending worship at the 9:30 contemporary service this morning, my daughter and I
headed on over to Walmart while my wife was in a Sunday School class. SinceI had never
been to Walmart at that time of the day on a Sunday, I was shocked to see all the people.
They were coming out of the wood work! They would almost run over you to get where they
were going. If I ever go back on a Sunday, I'm wearing a helmet!
While I didn't walk all over the store, for a man my age who walks with a cane, I walked
enough to wear me down. I was ready to go get my wife and then go get some lunch after all
the fast-track shoppers tried to stomp on my Sunday go - to Church shoes. The next time I
need something, I'm ordering over the internet! As far as I'm concerned, Walmart on a Sunday
is off limits for me! It's a jungle out there!! I think I even saw a couple of monkeys buying
bannanas and a couple of snakes slipping through the asiles after their prey. So, I pray you
don't enter the Twilight Zone. You will get dizzy from doing such a thing on a Sunday. I did!

1 comment:

J. HAROLD COOMER... said...

You scared me. I thought you meant we shouldn't go to church for a pot-luck dinner. The traffic can be pretty heavy at the desert table or when you forgot to get your napkin and plastic ware.

Thank God, we can still stay after church for the missions luncheons. We can always get a bite of celery and a bite of deviled egg. BUT who knows what in the devil those things are named after?

wy,

h