Monday, March 19, 2007

SPEAKING OF MYSTERY

Spring will be here before I finish reading a book about Spring. Spring starts Tuesday evening and I need to start re-reading this book I started a few weeks ago. What happened was that I put the book about Spring back on the shelve and started reading a mystery by Stephen White. Whenever White comes out with a book, I have to have it. I like to read his books before going to sleep at night. His mysteries get my mind off of things that I usually read (spiritual stuff). I like to try to solve the mystery before coming to the end of the book. I also like to read what White has to say because the wife of the main character has MS. In Dry Ice, she is struggling with what it's doing to her as stress builds up in her work. While I don't like the language that shows up every once in awhile, I like the way White writes. I am about half way through this new book and I'm finding that it to be one of his best. I love a great mystery and one of the greatest mysteries of all is how the drab, dark days of Winter can come to life with so much color when Spring springs forth in all it's glory!

No comments: